Thought it is probably time for an update. Since I last wrote here, we have a new Ordinary. Monsignor Carl Reid is a Canadian, who was sent from the North American Ordinariate to us down under. Thanks to Monsignor Harry Entwhistle who was a wonderful Ordinary (not ordinary at all but a man of great vision and insight). I have been in contact with the new Ordinary and spoken to him by phone but that was quite awhile ago. Things have been somewhat difficult in the era of covid and lockdowns.
I ordered the new Ordinariate Divine Office (Commonwealth Edition) from the Catholic Truth Society in England in January but I am still waiting for it to arrive. I got a email saying they had sent it on the 19th April so should arrive here to Tasmania soon.
One of my consecrated brothers is a candidate for the priesthood with the Archbishop of Tasmania who is now the canonical authority for my community "Little Eucharistic Brothers of Divine Will" since March 2021. When he becomes a priest next year (all going well) I will ask him to say the Ordinariate Mass for me on a regular basis at the local Church in Dover (or at our place - St Joseph's Hidden Place), which others can hopefully attend and learn about the Ordinariate. Apparently, any Catholic priest can say the Ordinariate Mass if a member of the Ordinariate requests it.
Please can everyone keep praying for the spiritual and physical growth of the Ordinariate in Australia, for our Ordinary and for a parish here in Tasmania.
Here is a link to the Ordiniariate of Our Lady of the Southern Cross

No comments:
Post a Comment